14th ANNUAL SARASOTA-MANATEE OHIO STATE GOLF TOURNAMENT
April 9, 2016 Tee Time 9:00 am
|Channel 7 Video|
|Another Great success due to the hard work of all especially David Taylor – Organizer Supreme and his able assistants
Larry Hedden, Gerry King, Jim McMahon, Tom McConnell and Joyce Hunt
Dee Miller, former Ohio State wide receiver, is the guest speaker at the 14th Annual OSU Sarasota-Manatee Alumni Club Golf Outing. The spectacular IMG Academy Golf Club will host the golf outing on Saturday, April 9, 2016 with a 9 am tee time. All proceeds go toward assisting local students who attend The Ohio State University.
A $125 participation fee allows golfers to enjoy 18-holes of golf on the $2.5 million renovated coursed designed by renowned golf architect Gene Bates of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. All participants will be part of the Hole-In-One contest with the winner receiving a two-year lease of new Ford Mustang compliments of Sunset Cadillac of Bradenton. Other prizes will be awarded to both men and women for the Straightest Drive, Closest to the Pin, Longest Putt, and the Longest Drive. Cash prizes will be given to the first, second, and third place teams, and all players will be entered in a contest for a chance to win prizes from well-known area restaurants, local golf courses, hotels, supermarkets, boutiques, salons, sporting goods stores, and more. Miller, an All-Big Ten wide receiver under Coach John Cooper’s Buckeye football team from 1995-1998, will speak at the luncheon following the tournament.
Native to Springfield, Ohio, Dee Miller is a graduate of Springfield’s South High School where he was an All-American wide receiver during his junior and senior years. Miller chose to continue his education and football career at The Ohio State University where he became a 2nd team Big Ten award winner his junior and senior years at the wide receiver position. Still ranked in the Top Ten at OSU in career receptions and receiving yards, the Green Bay Packers drafted Miller in the sixth round of the 1999 NFL Draft. A meniscus tear led to his release by the Packers, and Miller went on to try out with the Seattle Seahawks and the Chicago Bears. Miller returned to The Ohio State University to complete his education and graduated with a BA in Sociology in 2001. He is a sports analyst on 97.1 The Fan where he covers OSU football on a weekly basis during football season.
A Silent Auction will also be held to help raise money for student scholarships. The local OSU Alumni Club currently supports 12 local students attending the Columbus campus. Since 1999, the Sarasota-Manatee Ohio State Alumni Club has supported more than 30 students and has dispersed more than $90,000. The club also supports the local community through participating in the Archie Griffin Golf Classic to raise money for the local Boys and Girls Clubs, through beach clean ups, and by supporting the local All-Faiths Food Bank. Nearly 300 area households make up the membership of the local alumni organization.
Participation in The Sarasota-Manatee Ohio State Alumni Club “Fourteenth Annual Golf Outing is “FUN” and all proceeds go to assist local students who attend The Ohio State University! Over the past thirteen years over $84,000 has been raised from our golf outings, and we have assisted more than 60 students. Currently we have twelve students receiving Annual Scholarships of $2,000 each.
Your $125 Golf fee Contributes to making a significant difference in a student’s life
- A round of fun golf with 3 charitable players
- Enjoy play at IMG Academy Golf Club’s $2.5 million renovated course by renowned golf architect Gene Bates of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, the “new” IMG Academy Golf Club reopened in 2003 as the region’s most playable, scenic and technically advanced golf course.
- Participate in the Hole-In-One contest to WIN a two year lease on a New Ford
- Special Prizes For: Straightest Drive, Closest To The Pin, Longest Putt, Longest Drive, (Men & Women Individual Awards)
- Cash Prizes for The First, Second & Third Place Teams
- Enjoy lunch and the picturesque view from the spectacular club house as well as being enlightened by one of OSU guest speakers
- You Receive 3 Raffle tickets For a Chance To WIN Some of 75 to 100 Prizes From well Known Area Restaurants, Golf Courses, Hotels, Super Markets, Golf Shops, Boutiques, Salons, Sporting Goods Stores, and OSU Signature Items (Additional Tickets are Available To Purchase 3 For $10 or 9 For $25)
- A Chance to Participate in a Silent Auction
SIGN-UP INFORMATION: If you are interested in participating, please sign up on the enclosed sheet, indicating your participation in the areas listed. Send to David Taylor by March 30th. If you have questions, please call David Taylor (772-341-6448), Larry Hedden (941-359-0477), Gerry King (941-923-6050), Jim McMahon (941-377-4474), Tom McConnell (440-796-8666) or Joyce Hunt (614-557-7887)