SPECIAL THANKS TO THE GAMEWATCH TEAM
Gamewatch Team Leader David Taylor
Kathy Wagenhauser, Cheryl Spurbeck - Tickets and Merchandise Sales
Bill Lawyer - Membership
Tom Wagenhauser, Kristen McMahon, Lynn McMahon, Jim McMahon
On behalf of the Sarasota-Manatee Club officers we sincerely hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season and we wish you the very best for a healthy 2022. There are a few things we wanted to share with you that have happened during 2021 and some things that are forthcoming in 2022.
- First of all we would like to thank all of you who have supported the club this year by paying your club dues and for your attendance at Captain Curt’s during football season. It has been a great year for the club thanks to your generosity in buying raffle tickets, square board, and purchasing merchandise. A special thanks to those of you who attended every game watch or most of the games. With the monies we have collected we have a good amount to give any student who will attend OSU next year through a club scholarship.
- Speaking of students David Taylor, Kristen McMahon, Lynn and Jim McMahon were able to meet with our two students Josh Hogue and Patrick Quinn over lunch at Gecko’s last week. You should be very proud of these two young men as they are not only top-notch students but also quality individuals. Josh will be a senior next year majoring in Communications and Military Science. After graduation Josh will be commissioned a 2ND Lt. and will serve a four-year term in the U.S. Army. Patrick is a freshman at OSU with plans to major in either Business or Accounting.
- We are looking for golfers that would like to play in our upcoming 2022 golf tournament on Saturday, April 16 at Tara Golf & Country Club. Tara is located just west off I-75. Golfers of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend and play. This year’s luncheon speaker is our own club member Ray Hupp. Ray has the distinct honor of being inducted into OSU’s Hall of Fame in 2018. Ray was All-American at OSU and holds many track and field records both at OSU as well as NCAA and Olympic records. Cost to play golf is $135.00. To sign up please go to the club website or if any questions please e-mail Jim McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell 941 586-7190. A flyer will be sent out shortly to all golfers who participated in last year’s tournament.
- A special thank you to this year’s officers who have been instrumental in conducting all the game watches this year as well as their attendance at board meetings. Thank you, John August, club president, club treasurer Tom Wagenheiser, club secretary Cheryl Spurbeck, membership chair Bill Lawyer, game watch chair David Taylor, Kathy Wagenheiser, Bob & Jo Anne Hall, Mike Meese and Rob Frank. Others involved with game watches are Lynn and Kristen McMahon. We couldn’t do all of this without you.
- The club also participated in the Sarasota National Cemetery wreath laying for Christmas. This was our 4th year doing this for our military veterans and their families.
Finally, a great big thank you to Mr. Brad Stewart and his fabulous crew who work tirelessly to wait on us and allow us to play our crazy music and cheer on our beloved Buckeyes. Brad has graciously allowed us to be at Captain Curt’s for 21 years now. Thank you Brad. We love you!
Are you interested in an Ohio State license plate?
|The Ohio State Alumni Club of Sarasota-Manatee is taking the lead to have an Ohio State vanity plate created in Florida. The state of Florida requires 4,000 residents to indicate their desire to purchase the vanity plate before the plates can be produced. |
If it is your desire to pay an additional $33 on a yearly basis to have an Ohio State vanity plate, please complete this very short survey.The image above is the possible design. We will work with the Ohio State Office of Trademark and Licensing Services if there is enough interest.This will be the only email you receive for this opportunity.
Please complete the survey by December 31, 2021.
Questions can be directed to current Alumni Club President, John August at BuckeyeJohn@gmail.com.Take the survey
The Ohio State University Sarasota-Manatee Alumni Club brings together alumni and friends of Ohio State to promote the university, to enjoy fellowship together, to assist students from Sarasota and Manatee counties interested in attending Ohio State, to provide hospitality for groups and individuals from Ohio State who are visiting the Sarasota area and to serve the community.